DR. MAOBIN YANG
American Board-Certified Endodontist
Dr. Maobin Yang is an Associate Professor and Director of the postdoctoral endodontic program at the Department of Endodontology, Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University. Dr. Yang graduated with his D.D.S. and M.S. degrees from Sichuan University, China. He received his D.M.D. from Temple University, and obtained his PhD in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Connecticut. Dr. Yang also completed his residency training in Endodontics and obtained the M.D.S from the University of Connecticut. Dr. Yang is the Director of the Regenerative Health Research Laboratory at Kornberg School of Dentistry, and he is also an adjunct associate professor at the Department of Bioengineering, College of Engineering. Dr. Yang is a Diplomate of American Board of Endodontics (ABE). He served the American Association of Endodontists (AAE) Research and Scientific Affairs Committee and the Scientific Advisory Board of the Journal of Endodontics, and he also serves on the editorial board of several biomedical journals. Dr. Yang’s research areas focus on the regeneration of dental tissues using tissue engineering technology, including the combination of dental stem cells and innovative biomaterials. He has more than 50 publications including peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and has been invited to give more than 30 national and international lectures. Dr. Yang has received many awards, including the American Association of Endodontists (AAE) Endodontic Educator Fellowship Award in 2010, the AAE “John and Joyce Ingle Fellow” in 2013, and the “Best article published in Journal of Endodontics 2017”.
Dr. Yang specialized in root canal treatment, root canal retreatment, root end surgery (apicoectomy), cracked tooth, tooth pain, traumatic tooth injury, and pulp regeneration.
Doctor of Philosophy (Biomedical Sciences/ Skeletal, Craniofacial and Oral Biology) thesis: Yang M. The role of endogenous glucocorticoids in bone remodeling. University of Connecticut, 2009
Master of Dental Sciences (Regenerative Dentistry) thesis: Yang M. Dental Pulp Tissue Engineering and Regeneration. University of Connecticut, 2012
- Chapter 22. Perio-Endo Interrelationships. Clinical Cases in Endodontics. Maobin Yang, Abdulla Alqaied. 2018 February. Wiley-Blackwell publishing. ISBN: 978-1-119-14704-6.
- Chapter 13. Craniofacial tissue reconstruction with mesenchymal stem cells derived from dental tissue and bone marrow. Nanomaterials and regenerative medicine. Maobin Yang, Junqi Ling, Xi Wei, and Qian Zeng. IAPC publishing. January 2016.http://iapc-obp.com/books/release_detail/9.
- Chapter 2. Three-dimensional Printing in Dentistry: An Advanced Technology for Craniofacial Regeneration. Maobin Yang, Qian Zeng, Maria Pereira Vieira and Bernardo Olsson. Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Craniofacial Regeneration. Benthamscience. 2016. http://ebooks.benthamscience.com/book/9781681083155/
Selected Peer Reviewed/Refereed Original articles in Journals
- Du Y, Montoya C, Orrego S, Wei X, Ling J, Lelkes P, Yang M. Topographic cues of a novel bilayered scaffold modulate dental pulp stem cells differentiation by regulating YAP signaling through cytoskeleton adjustments. Cell Proliferation. 2019 Aug 19:e12676.
- Zhang X, Wang C, Dai L, Tang Y, Zhang H, Zhao D, Coates P, Sefat F, Zhang W, and Yang M. Ji P. Aligned Electrospun Cellulose Scaffolds Coated with rhBMP-2 for Both in vitro and in vivo Bone Tissue Engineering Carbohydrate Polymers. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2019, (213): 27-38.
- Gangolli RA, Devlin SM, Gerstenhaber JA, Lelkes PI, and Yang M. A Layered Scaffold Provides Differential Cues for the Differentiation of Dental Pulp Stem Cells. Tissue Engineering Part A. 2019;25 (3-4):224-233.
- Chae Y, Yang M, Kim J. Release of TGF-β1 into root canals with various final irrigants in regenerative endodontics: an in vitro analysis. International Endodontic Journal. 2018 Dec;51(12):1389-1397
- Lin J, Zeng Q, Wei X, Zhao W, Cui M, Gu J, Lu J, Yang M, Ling J. Regenerative endodontics versus Apexification in Immature Permanent Teeth With Apical Periodontitis: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Study. J Endod. 2017 Nov; 43(11):1821-1827.
- Zhang X, Zhang W, Yang M. Application of Hydrogels in Cartilage Tissue Engineering. Current Stem Cell Research and Therapy. 2018;13, (7):497-516.. Yang M, Zeng Q. New treatment Modality for pulpitis and apical periodontitis: pathway of regenerative endodontics. Journal of Prevention and Treatment for Stomatological Diseases. 2017, 25 (2): 74
- Gonzalez R, Zeng Q, Nissan R, Yesilsoy C, Yang M. Dentin Hypersensitivity Related to Apical Fenestration: A Case Report. Austin Journal of Dentistry, 2016, 3(4):1043-.
- Yang M, Zeng Q, Regenerative Endodontics: A New Treatment Modality for Pulp Regeneration. International Journal of Stomatology, 2016, 43 (5):495
- Zeng Q, Nguyen S, Zhang H, Chebrolu H, Alzebdeh D, Badi B, Kim J, Yang M. Release of Growth Factors into Root Canal by Irrigations in Regenerative Endodontics. Journal of Endodontics, 2016, 42 (12):1760-1766
- Yang M, Hongming Zhang, Riddhi Gangolli. Advances of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Bone Marrow and Dental Tissue in Craniofacial Tissue Engineering. Current Stem Cell Research and Therapy, 2014 (9): 150-161.
- Yang M. Regenerative Endodontics: A New Treatment Modality for Pulp Regeneration. JSM Dent 2013:1: 1011-1012.
- Yang M, Trettel LB, Adams DJ, Harrison JR, Canalis E, Kream BE. Col3.6-HSD2 transgenic mice: a glucocorticoid loss-of-function model spanning early and late osteoblast differentiation. Bone, 2010 Sep; 47(3): 573-82.
- Yang M, Kream BE. Calcitonin induces expression of the inducible cAMP early repressor in osteoclasts. Endocrine 2008, Jun;33(3): 245-53.
- Yang M, Ding Y. Effect of the pulsed Nd:YAG laser irradiation on cultured human periodontal fibroblasts. West China Journal of Stomatology, 2005, 23(6), 467-470.
- Yang M, Zhou X. Dental plaque and systemic disease. Journal of International Stomatology. 2005, 32 (1):55-57.
- Jiang Z, Ding Y, Zhou T, Fei L, Yang M, Effect of eugenol and borax containing cream on plaque-induced gingivitis. Chinese Journal of Conservative Dentistry. 2004, 4(6):339-341.
- Yang M, Zhou X. Immunosuppressive effect of the volatile fatty acids on periodontal tissue. Journal of International Stomatology. 2004, 31(2):100-102.
- Yang M, Ding Y. Application of bone graft in the treatment of periodontal diseases. West China Journal of Stomatology, 2003, 21(Suppl):194-197.
- Ding Y, Yang M, Wu Y, Periodontal prophylaxis ― mechanical plaque control. Chinese Journal of Conservative Dentistry, 2002, 12(3):164-167.